AN OVERALL REVIEW: INVEST WITH THREAD SERGERS FOR A CONVENIENT SEWING EXPERIENCE
Sergers provide an extreme edge of stitching than an ordinary sewing machine. It is equipped with decorative stitches and you may innovate your fashion creations. For the households, it is a necessary utility equipment to be used at home, especially when repairing loose thread garments. Apart from your expertise in basic sewing, serger stitching is another skill to be learned and practiced so you can produce apparels out of your creativity and experiments.
If you are searching for the best sergers with leading brands and popular features in the market, well then you should try to view this information below to give you a quick idea and a summary of the sergers.
- JUKI MO644D Portable Serger
- The Juki serger consists of a 2-3-4 automatic rolled hem, with a loop adjustment when it comes to the length of the stitch and differential feed.
- It has a powerful cut and trim system and can sew light up to medium weight textiles.
- The product dimension of Juki serger is measured at 6 x 13.4 x 11.6 inches and weighs 18.4 pounds.
- It is built-in with an upper knife used for a safe and efficient threading capacity.
- It has multi-purpose presser feet for sewing, blind stitch, cording, gathering and piping any type of textiles.
- It is a powerful serger that does not only sew textiles but even rubberized or plastic type of material.
2. Brother 1034D 3 or 4 Thread Serger with Easy Lay In Threading with Differential
- The best selling serger and overlock equipment with a very reliable function. It offers a professional edge of finishing touches on a variety of textiles such as formal wear, linens and knits.
- It is composed of a 4 thread overlock, narrow, 3 thread overlocks, 22 built-in stitch functions, rolled hem and also ribbon lock stitches.
- User-friendly and efficient when it comes to threading.
- The product dimension of Brother Thread serger measures at 3 x 13.1 x 12.6 inches and weighs 18 pounds.
- Provides a versatile option for stitches, the width for stitches is adjustable, the needles used are high standard and can generate 1300 stictches per minute.
- Features an adjustable presser foot, on/off knife, removable stitch finger and free arm.
3. SINGER 14CG754 ProFinish 2-3-4 Thread Serger With Machine Intro DVD
- The Singer serger has a 2-3-4 thread functions that can handle a variety of stitches.
- The differential feed can remove the stretching and puckering on particular textiles.
- For lightweight fabrics, it has 4 built-in rolled hems with a variety of options.
- The stitch length and width are adjustable and keeps the seams versatile to prevent the bunching in any kind of textile.
- The product dimension of this equipment is measured at 14 x 11 x 11.5 inches and weighs 13.5 pounds.
- It has the capacity to sew 1300 stitches per minute, consist of a free arm threading and sewing as well as promoting color coded threading and stitching system.
4. Brother Designio Series DZ1234 Serger
- The product dimension for Brother Designio serger measures at 2 x 13 x 13.2 inches and weighs 18.1 pounds.
- It can sew stitches as fast as 1300 per minute in order to create fashionable designs.
- Contains an adjustable stitch width of 3.0 mm up to 7.0 mm which is perfect for your textile project.
- Its differential feed can provide a 0.7 up to 2.0 ratios on various fabrics and offers a quality, durable and lightweight stitches and knits.
- Consist of a flat bed free arm that can be converted into a sewing surface.
- It has a 2 thread sets, gathering foot, blind hem stitch foot and piping foot to create a well-designed, edgy finished and a fabulous outfit to satisfy the wearer.
- Janome 8002D Serger w/ FREE Bonus Value Package!
- Its rolled hem is easy to use and change over. To set the knob with the ‘R’ position, just glide the needle plate and switch it to roll hemming.
- Consist of a 3 to 4 convertible threads for a more standout outfits and better fabric quality. In addition, it has a chart to portray various types of threading.
- Its cutting width can be adjusted from 3.1 mm up to 7.3 mm.
- It consists of a differential feed ratio of 0.50 up to 2.25.
- Include a 4 lay-in tension dial threads for a more organized way of stitching and sewing.
After comparing with the brands and models of sergers, you may now have the choice to select which among those can provide you with an utmost performance in terms of stitching and sewing. Enhance your decorative styles of designing apparel and create a fashion icon. The source of power for these sergers can be through batteries or plug into an electrical outlet.
BATTERY REQUIRED/RECHARGEABLE/CORDLESS VERSUS CORDED/PLUGGED
If you are an outgoing type of person yet you need to carry your serger equipment, you should choose a battery operated type. In this case, you can sew or stitch anywhere. The only consequence of this is the limited capacity to work on garments because if the battery runs low or shutdown, you need to recharge it again.
When it comes to corded sergers, these equipments are the popular type that most households and digital fashion experts and designers look forward to. The power source is unlimited, yet if the length of the cord is short, you will need to find for a good and reachable electrical outlet. Assess the machine very well before buying, you may also refer to product review videos on YouTube and read many blogs so you will not regret on the machine you have purchased.